Job Description: The Project Manager will coordinate between the different engineering design departments to ensure budgets and schedules are adhered to with little to no supervision while providing detailed financial controls management, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reporting to the Project Management Department Lead, and complete project oversite management. Developing detailed budgets and tracking against client financial systems while exploring process & procedures for efficiencies are also critical job functions. Remaining flexible as scope changes, and implementing the change management plan as required by the program are essential attributes for this position. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to also support the Program Manager for project financial reporting, schedule reporting, workload forecasting, and any other project requests. The candidate will be responsible for composing project proposals that incorporate the budgets of multiple cross-functional departments. They will develop and maintain regular team project meetings and reports for management. They will also manage monthly budget reporting, schedule reporting, and internal quality control as prescribed by the client. Near and long-term project forecasting will be tasked, as necessary.
- Develop a project management plan that includes risk management, change management, and communication management.
- Provide leadership for the planning, development, and implementation of large-scale, major strategic business and technology projects.
- Effectively collaborate with internal departments, stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and vendors to define requirements, assess alternatives and present solutions to business challenges.
- Responsible for budget and resource planning.
- Single point of contact for all economic and regulatory issues for the assigned projects.
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes and tools.
- Meet regularly with team members, contractors, and all stakeholders to ensure schedule and scope expectations are achieved.
- Must be able to devote 10% to travel to and from job-site and conduct occasional Job Site Reviews.
- Direct supervision and oversight of Project Coordinators and Business Analysts
- Develop, train, and mentor lower level Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Business Analysts
- BS degree in Engineering or BS/BA in Business Management (Required)
- MBA degree (Required)
- 10+ years minimum of electrical utility experience managing complex technical and/or civil construction projects.
- Project Management Professional Certification (Required)
- Supervisory experience
- Can communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audience
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and apply leadership soft skills to relevant problem solving
- Must have the ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Must possess initiative, decision-making skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Must be proficient in Excel, SharePoint, SmartSheet Forms, Word, P6, Visio, Bluebeam
- Construction contract billing experience
- Utility project experience to include an ability to read construction plans
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000 – $155,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks in office, temperature screening at front desk, extra cleaning measures taken
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92128: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Business Management (Required)
- Distribution or Transmission HV Electrical: 10+ years (Required)
- PMP certification (not degree) (Required)
Work Location: Orbital Project Management in San Diego, CA 92128